The WORD in other words (2022) by Fr Allan Bondoc, SVD — Divine Word Seminary, Postulancy, Tagaytay City
Wednesday 28th Week in Ordinary Time
Jesus despises what the Pharisees did, because, being the experts of the law, they were good in interpreting the commandments, but they did not put them into practice in their lives.
This is a wake-up call to us priests of today. At times we become like the Pharisees:
– when we do not practice what we preach.
– when we preach about love, but fail to love especially the lowly people around us.
– when we have become too comfortable and would not dare “to go into the depths.”
– when we have become addicted to gadgets that consume even our times for prayer.
Personally, I believe that we priests of today:
– were called not for ourselves but for others.
– were ordained to serve and not to be served.
– should always wear a shining heart.
– in good times, and in bad, must be ready and excited to extend help to anybody in need.
After everything has been said and done, I simply and totally agree with what St. Therese wrote: “Love is our vocation.” In word and deed!